- The pressure of the blood in the circulatory system, often measured for diagnosis since it is closely related to the force and rate of the heartbeat and the diameter and elasticity of the arterial walls
- The hydrostatic force that blood exerts against the wall of a vessel.
- The following is an episode list for the MTV animated television series Beavis and Butt-head. The series has its roots in 1992 when Mike Judge created two animated shorts – “Frog Baseball” and “Peace, Love & Understanding” – which were later aired on Liquid Television.
- the pressure of the circulating blood against the walls of the blood vessels; results from the systole of the left ventricle of the heart; sometimes measured for a quick evaluation of a person’s health; “adult blood pressure is considered normal at 120/80 where the first number is the systolic
- prize indemnity? In everyday terms, Prize Indemnity is prize coverage without the prize risk. It’s that simple.
- What Is is the eighth album by guitarist/vocalist Richie Kotzen.
- Is simply the glossary of terms and acronyms, you can find them below in alphabetic order. Fundamental concepts and acronyms may also have an associated Blog post, if that is the case the acronym or term will be hyper-linked to the respective post.
- at a great altitude; “he climbed high on the ladder”
- a lofty level or position or degree; “summer temperatures reached an all-time high”
- Of great vertical extent
- (after a measurement and in questions) Measuring a specified distance from top to bottom
- Far above ground, sea level, or another point of reference
- greater than normal in degree or intensity or amount; “a high temperature”; “a high price”; “the high point of his career”; “high risks”; “has high hopes”; “the river is high”; “he has a high opinion of himself”
#1 – When it can't bend down, what would a giraffe have to do?
The apparent inflexibility of a giraffe’s legs does not allow for bending at the knees.
It also causes the giraffe problems when trying to pick up things off the ground or trying to drink from the bank of a pool.
The giraffe actually has to spread its front legs out, to the sides, to get its head low enough to drink. This is the point at which a giraffe is most vulnerable to predators.
One would think that with its head down so low, while drinking, and its heart so far away, the giraffe would get terribily dizzy when it raised its head back up.
Again, Mother Nature has provided the solution.
The giraffe is equipped with a 25 lb. heart with 3" thick ventricle walls, and pumping capacity of 16 gallons per minute. A net of capillaries (rete mirabile) absorbs the excess arterial blood pressure created when the head is lowered to drink.
As the giraffe raises its head back to the normal carrying position, a series of valves in the jugular veins, slows the rush of blood from the head.
Mother Nature’s adaption has been kind though. Evolution has not only giving him that loooong 17" black tongue to help out. Its length and the giraffes’ superior height, allow for feeding high above the competition.
Giraffes have slightly elongated forelegs, about 10% longer than their hind legs, and can reach a sprint speed of up to 60 km/h (37 mph). It cannot sustain a lengthy chase however.
The apparent inflexibility of its legs give it a stiff gait when walking. When running the giraffe thrusts its front legs into the air and when they touch the ground they push off again. When the hind legs land together the process starts over. The giraffe is briefly airborne when running. Weighing anywhere from 1200 to 2000 lbs, that is quite a feat.
Giraffes are difficult and dangerous prey.
When hunting adult giraffes, lions try to knock the lanky animal off its feet and pull it down. The giraffe defends itself with a powerful kick. A single well-placed kick from an adult giraffe can kill a predator.
Lions are the only predators which pose a serious threat to an adult giraffe.
White Oak Conservation Center.
Too much party & Too little sleep
had such a fun night yesterday in such a stupid disco for idiots – I bet you all know that it´s mostly yourself doing a great party and not the rest… what I need on a party is two different friend groups of mine so I can switch once in a while and won´t get bothered =)